Sorry, printing is disabled for the free drills.
This is to encourage teachers to use the inexpensive subscription service for tracking scores. Tons of useful features come included with your subscription, you can avoid wasting all that paper ...and eMusicTheory relies on subscriptions to survive.
Thank you for your support and understanding, and please contact me with any feedback!
- Rob Whelan
Return to the list of
- Click "Settings..." to change the way the drill works —you can control how fast the notes slide across the screen, which notes you'll be asked, how to label the buttons (Do Re Mi? C D E?), and if sounds will play.
- Click "Start Drill" to start start the notes moving.
- You'll see a staff with notes sliding from right to left. Wait until each note "hops" into place on the left, then identify that note by clicking the correct button at the bottom.
- If you get it right, the note will disappear and you can get ready for the next note. If you were wrong the drill will "shake", and you can try again if you're quick.
- Watch out — if you don't get the note in time, it will get knocked off by the next note!
- When you're done working, click "Stop Drill".
Using your keyboard
You can type the note name instead of pressing the button to work faster.
C D E F G A B
C D E F G A H
Do Re Mi Fa So La sI