Sorry, printing is disabled for the free drills.
This is to encourage teachers to use the inexpensive subscription service for tracking scores. Tons of useful features come included with your subscription, you can avoid wasting all that paper ...and eMusicTheory relies on subscriptions to survive.
Thank you for your support and understanding, and please contact me with any feedback!
- Rob Whelan
Return to the list of
- Click "Settings..." to change the way the drill works — you can control the difficulty level, and if sounds will play. If you set Play Sounds to "No", the drill will use a flashing metronome instead of a click.
- Click "Start Drill" to see your first question.
- You'll see a rhythm on the staff. This is what you will need to play on the drum pad (the rounded pad at the bottom of the drill).
- Click on the drum pad to start the performance.
- You will hear a 4-beat introduction (a beep for each quarter note) so you can get a feel for the tempo — then tap out the rhythm.
- You'll hear a click on each beat to help you keep time.
- When you're done, if one of your notes was out of rhythm, the drill will "shake", and tell you which note was off. Tap the pad to try the performance again.
- If you tapped the entire rhythm right, you'll go on to the next rhythm.
- When you're done working, click "Stop Drill".
Using your keyboard
You can tap any key instead of clicking the pad with your mouse.